AIS 162MHz Marine Automatic Identification System Low Noise Preamplifier with PGA-103+ High Selectivity Bandpass Filter
In the box embedded super low loss bandpass filter and preamplifier with PGA-103+. High Quality marine tracking band-pass filter with pre-amplifier.
Thanks to input filtering, this pre-amplifier and band pass filter combination are much more immune to interference from strong out of the band signals. Marine tracking and traffic will be much easier.
Measured results with HP8753ES network analyzer full two port calibrated. Signal is filtered to suppress out of band signals and then amplified. All measured data are displayed while pre-amplifier is active.
Measured Return Loss - S11 (CH 1) and Insertion Loss - S21 (CH 2). Characteristics of 162 MHz Band pass filter and pre-amplifier.
Summarized data. Receive gain:
7.1 MHz < -76 dB
14.15 MHz = -83 dB
21.2 MHz = -72 dB
28.4 MHz = - 73 dB
50 MHz = -69 dB
54 MHz = -68 dB
70.2 MHz = -60 dB
88 MHz= -51 dB
108 MHz= -40 dB
144.1 MHz= -10 dB
146 MHz= -7 dB
148 MHz= -3.5 dB
162 MHz = +24.8 dB, NF=1.4 dB, Input RL -20 dB, IP3out > 37 dBm
288 MHz = -22 dB
430 MHz = -50 dB
440 MHz = -50 dB
Power consumption +12 V, 120 mA
Connectors: "N" Female
These excellent results were achieved by careful selection of components and design.
In addition to the 162 MHz Marine tracking AIS Band Pass filter with Pre-amplifier, we also produce other 162 MHz products:
Additional measured data for Marine Automatic Identification System (AIS) preamplifier and bandpass filter. Marine Tracking and Marine Traffic can be done with ease.
1. HF attenuation. High HF attenuation of 70 dB and more. This type of signals will be obliterated.
2. Attenuation on 50 MHz (6 Meter band), 70 MHz (4 Meter band), FM signals (88 - 108 MHz) for 162 MHz Band-pass filter with pre-amplifier. 6m and 4m bands unwanted bands will be eliminated. Radio FM frequencies are suppressed from 40 to 50 dB!
3. Even tho 144 MHz signal (2 Meter band) is close is's still suppressed from 7 to 10 dB.
4. Measured data of 162 RFI band-pass filter and pre-amplifier. Signal is amplified with low noise amplifier with PGA-103+. Band signal amplification is 24.8 dB.
4. Suppression of harmonics and interfering signals from UHF. Measured Harmonics and 70 cm - 432 MHz Attenuation:
What others say about AIS Preamplifier with Band Pass Filter and Antennas:
There looking pretty good.
I've received out to 553 km distance during the night to King Island Lighthouse. Thats pretty good I think.
There has been some further development since last email.
Have now been able to hear out to 1073 km on the marine tracking array. Keeping in mind that marine tracking transmitters are only 12 watts FM.
Have attached some other information.
Thank you for sending the 70cm yagis. More work ahead for me.
I find that my AIS station is working so much better now.
This picture from the Marine Traffic website shows the ships that my station is receiving.
With best regards, John EI2FG